To register with Camp Pringle:
- Find the camping program that is right for you and/or your child. Review dates and pricing.
- Click here to create or log into an account with CampBrain. Note: CampBrain gathers camper details and facilitates payment. To register your camper, you must create an account first with CampBrain. Don’t forget to check your inbox for confirmation! Registration must include an email, phone number and mailing address.
- Log into your CampBrain account and navigate to your chosen camping program. Complete all the forms available for the program (this can be done later by logging back in to your account.) Agree to the cancellation policy and complete payment. Registration is only complete when a 50% (or greater) deposit is paid. Camp must be paid in full 2 weeks prior or the balance will be applied to the credit card on file.
- Payment plans are available by contacting the Camp Pringle office.
- Apply for a financial support by completing the campership application . Please read the revised (Nov 2016) bursary policy to determine eligibility.
- Register for multiple camps or multiple family members for further discounts (applied at time of registration).
- Early bird discount of 10% is offered for anybody who has registered and paid in full by May 1.
Coming North on the Malahat (Hwy 1) from Victoria:
Look for the Malahat Mountain Inn, Malahat Gas Station, Malahat Bungalows area. In about 1 km you will see an amber flashing light on the highway and signs for South Shawnigan Lake. Take this exit and travel approximately 7 kms to where the road divides straight and a sharp left turn. There will be signs for the Provincial Park and Camp Pringle pointing left. Take this left turn onto West Shawnigan Lake Road and proceed another 7 kms where you should notice signs for the Provincial Park. We are the very next driveway after the park and we have large signs indicating Camp Pringle and the George Pringle Memorial Camp.
Coming South on the Trans Canada Hwy (#1) from Duncan:
Look for the big strip mall with a Country Grocer seemingly in the middle of nowhere (near Cobble Hill). Take the right hand exit at this major set of lights onto the Cobble Hill/Shawnigan Lake Road. Take this road to the end where it intersects Renfrew Road near Mason’s Beach (store on the right, beach straight ahead). Turn right onto Renfrew Road and proceed for about 4.5 kms just past the West Arm Grill. Look for the sharp left switchback road which is West Shawnigan Lake Road, there are signs for the Provincial Park and Camp Pringle just before this intersection. Turn left onto W. Shawnigan Lake Road and proceed for about 3 kms. When you see the Fire Hall on the right side of the road you are close to camp. Look for the big circular sign for Camp Pringle just before our driveway. Turn left into the camp driveway. If you see the Provincial Park you have gone a little too far.
NOTE: On many maps there will be a road shown as Armstrong Road, this road does not exist, but is basically where our driveway is located.
- Toothbrush & paste
- Flashlight (no electricity in cabins)
- Soap and facecloth
- Two towels
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Long pants (required for Low Ropes, Climbing Wall, High Ropes and Orienteering – ensure you have enough pairs of long pants to be able to participate in these activities)
- T-shirts (long enough to protect stomach)
- Warm clothes
- Rain gear
- Underwear and socks
- Running shoes/ Closed toed shoes (2 pairs)
- Water/beach shoes
- Indoor shoes or slippers
- Swimsuits (with appropriate straps & ties)
- Hat (not just a visor - must cover the head)
- Bug repellent
- A day pack/backpack
IMPORTANT: In the woods and at the waterfront, or almost anytime on a hot day, campers must wear a hat. They will also need sunscreen and bug repellent. Please make extra sure to pack these things.
Please leave the following items at home:
- Electronics (including smart phones, cell phones, ipods, DS systems, laptop computers, and any similar items)
- Drugs (Prescription and over-the-counter medications are to be checked-in with the nurse/medic)
- Junk Food (including mints and gum)
For all camps: Refunds will be given only upon receipt of written cancellation received at George Pringle Memorial Camp two weeks prior to the start of camp.
In all cases, the 50% deposit is non-refundable. Thanks for your understanding.
Co-ed and Leadership camps:
Sunday Evening Check-in: Begins at 7:00pm. [Sorry, no early arrivals can be accommodated. Please note the gate at the driveway will be closed until we are ready for campers on site Sunday Nite.]
Friday Afternoon Check-out: Between 2:30-3:00 pm (Parents are invited to the 2:00pm closing ceremonies.)
Day Camp: Begins at 8:30am and ends at 5pm Monday to Friday (pickup by 3pm Fri).
Family Camp: Family Camp begins at 5:00pm ends at 2:00pm.
C.I.T: Sundays from 5:30pm to Fridays at 4:30pm
Mission: We provide opportunities for campers of all ages to experience God’s love in a close relationship with other people and the natural environment.
We Teach the Three R‘s: Respect the environment; Respect others; Respect yourself.Our Commitments:
Throughout each week at camp our Chaplain leads Faith Exploration sessions and campers explore the camp theme in discussions and activities. We don’t teach or preach faith to people at camp, but share faith with everybody. We greet and close the day with songs, activities and reflections on the significance of the camping experience.
Camp Pringle is a safe, respectful place to explore faith and spirituality, and through that learn more about yourself.
We understand the need for parents to know how their child is doing at camp. We also recognize the need for children to learn independence and coping skills for being away from home and feel this is an essential part of the camp experience.
As such we discourage calls to campers. We also don’t permit cell phones or smart phones as we want to encourage a non-electronic experience. To help follow your child’s camp experience we do our best to post lots of photos each day showing the children having fun at camp.
Camp will email a password to parents of registered campers. The link to the photos is is here.
If you have concerns about our electronics of phone call policy, please contact the camp office.
Camp Pringle sells a variety of souvenirs each summer. These items make great pre-camp, Christmas or birthday gifts. We purchase top quality name brands such as Hanes, Gildan and American Apparel. Items are available for sale at drop off and pick up for each camp.